Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kitchen Gadgets I Can't Live Without

I do like shiny objects, but I'm less inclined to love them beyond the store shelf unless they prove useful to me in some way. Anything that makes my life easier and gets dinner on the table faster works for me. I'd be like a one-armed woman without my blender, for instance. And I think life without the panini maker would be dull as dirty dishwater.

And don't you love the gadgets, the little things you can tuck away that come in handy in a pinch? Here are some of my favorites:

Food Chopper. This is the one I have, and it's in my dish strainer more than it's in the drawer. I use it for everything. It chops the daylights out of veggies!

Apple Wedger. When he first saw this, the husband thought it was a waste of space. Then he tried it. Now he thinks it's the best invention. I got this one at Pampered Chef.

Bamboo Cutting Boards. I feel so eco-friendly using these. They don't hold any odors and they last forever. I got mine at TJMaxx on sale, but they are Totally Bamboo brand.

My Next-to-Favorite Serving Bowl. I got so excited when he gave me this bowl from Anthropologie. It replaces my grandmother's bowl, which has been retired from daily use to preserve it for my kids.

Kitchen Timer. Have you ever seen a grown woman dance? Don't ask me why, but I couldn't contain myself when he gave me the timer along with the bowl. I love this timer. That it's magnetic makes my life so much easier. The retro vibe is just icing on the cake.

Mini Food Processor. Mine's this one and I use it frequently, much to my husband's dismay (he hates cleaning it - I say what's to clean?).

What are your favorites?

No comments: